1.10.2005

Setting Out

Just about to leave the ultra-comfortable (and ultra-expensive) Hotel Sofitel right by the Athens airport. I crashed here last night. Funny, actually, I walked, heard the price and asked for directions to Athens which is about forty five minutes from the airport. I stood at a bus stop for two minutes then heaved a sigh, put my tail between my legs and walked back in, desperate for a bed.

My exhaustion must have showed, because I got half off, which meant that I only paid half the GDP of a small African nation to stay here. But what the hell, once in a lifetime right?

More interestingly, my blog has already picked up some coverage. No, Dan Rather hasn't called me (come on, he's out of a job, he'll might be trying to get in touch with the blogger world), but another blogger who covers Malta was kind enough to link to me. Ha HA! And so it begins (hopefully anyway). So, if you didn't have enough of me the first time, read it again over here. I originally thought it was someone from Wired and I got totally stoked. Too bad. Oh well.

No comments: